Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's 2011

It's the first day of 2011! Can't believe it. Not only is it January 1st, but baby, it's COLD outside! I don't think the temperature was much over 20 degrees today. I went to wash the outside of my french door this afternoon and the glass cleaner froze to the window. Needless to say it looks dirtier than it did before I touched it.

The vacation's end is in sight, unfortunately! I hate seeing it come to an end. Usually I am not this way. I do like being away from work for awhile but I am always ready to go back. As of right now, 5:30 pm Saturday afternoon, I AM NOT READY!! There is a big thing coming up in a couple of days so maybe that has me hating the thought of all of this coming to an end.

Christmas was fantastic. It was a pretty mellow day actually. When kids get older, they have their own families, boyfriends, girlfriends.....not so much time for our house! That's ok. They were all around for a bit of time and that is better than nothing at all.....so, I am NOT complaining. Mom and dad came over for dinner Christmas Eve. We made hamrolls and they rocked. The table was beautiful, if I do say so myself! Candles were lit and the food and company....couldn't get any better.


My paperwhites are blooming: well, 1 of them is. I still have a couple ready to go so that's good.

This is my Christmas present. I have been having a good time on it, searching the web, googling, blog searching, and playing Mahjong. What a great vacation......WHO would want to give this up??

No comments:

Post a Comment